Getting Around Netbrite
Getting around Netbrite is fairly easy. Let's get you familiarized with how the interface is setup. The blue lightbulb will show you the front end of your website. To get back to the interface you simply click on your site name in the top admin bar. In the interface we are going to breakdown the left navigation bar and all of it's features.
The dashboard let's you see your latest activity on your website. You can also create a quick post for blogging. Here is a list of the data you can see.
- Blog Comments - See new comments from your blog posts.
- Commerce Sales - See your recent sales from your products.
- Visitor Statistics - See traffic visiting your website and where they're coming from.
- Contact Form Submissions - See new contact form submissions.
- Quick Post - Makes it easy start writing blog post drafts.
For visitor statistics you can see a more in-depth breakdown by clicking on the See All Stats button. To see your latest sales, click on the Sales this month link.
The design section let's you change the global things on your site. You can add a navigation menu for your pages. Upload a company logo for your header. Change the sites colors and text properties.
Here is a list of the sections on the design page.
- Style Editor - Change the global look and feel of your site. Upload a logo. Change the color of your background, header and more...
- Templates - Design a custom template with the page builder to use for multiple pages that need the same look and feel.
- Menu - Add a navigation menu for the header or footer of your website. Simply drag the pages you created into the navigation area.
- Widgets - add content and features to your Sidebars. Examples are Categories, Search boxes, etc.
- Maintenance Mode - Easily display a down for maintenance notification when needing to make repairs.
The content section let's you add a new blog post or page. View existing blog posts and pages. Add a new product or view current products. Upload media such as photos, audio or video and view existing media. Manage Categories and Tags. Moderate comments and create custom complex web forms.
Here is a list of the sections on the content page.
- Posts - Create a new blog posts or view existing posts.
- Pages - Create a new page and view existing pages.
- Products - Create a new product and view existing products.
- Categories - Create a new category and view existing. Categorization allows posts to be grouped with others of similar content.
- Tags - Create a new tag and view existing tags. Tags are similar to categories, but they are generally used to describe your post in more detail. Example: Posted in Baking, Deseret Tagged in brownies, chocolate, walnuts
- Editorial Calendar - Schedule posts for future dates to be automatically posted.
- Comments - Moderate and approve comments and reply back to users.
- Forms - Create a contact form or something more complex like a survey.
- Import/Export - Need to import your contact into Netbrite we made it easy. Gotta say goodbye? Easily export your content into a zip file.
The commerce section let's you build a store and add products. You can add physical or digital products. Create different variations for products like "T-Shirt with multiple sizes".
Here is a list of the sections on the commerce page.
- Store Settings - Select a payment gateway and setup shipping, checkout page and a whole lot more.
- Manage Orders - View all orders and create new ones if you need to take a payment manually. You can even send the order via email for invoicing.
- Product Attributes - Attributes let you define extra product data, such as size or color.
- Shipping Classes - allow you to group similar products for shipping. They work in much the same way as product and post categories.
- Product Tags - Product tags work just like blog post tags.
- Coupons - Create coupons for promotions with expiration dates. The user can then enter the coupon code on the checkout page.
The settings section let's you connect a custom domain. Add a contributor to help manage your website and connect your Google Analytics account. Plus a whole lot more.
Here is a list of the sections on the Settings page.
- General - Let's your set your email address, Time zone and more.
- Users - Add a contributor and define their permission role for your site. If someone leaves your company you can remove them as well.
- Domains - Connect a custom domain you want to use for your website.
- Google Analytics - Connect your Google Analytics account here to show your stats on the Netbrite dashboard.
- Reading/Writing - You can set how many blog post should appear on a page. Tell the search engines not to crawl your website. Plus other writing format extras.
- Discussion - Let's your manage the formatting of comments. Setup automatic emails when someone leaves a comment. Hold comments for moderation and more...
- Permalinks - Make your URL's more search engine friendly with permalinks. Example: Ugly"http://example.com/?p=N" Pretty "http://example.com/2012/post-name/".
- Akismet - Cleans up your spam comments on your blog posts.
- Delete Site - Come on you wouldn't wanna do that! If you need to delete a site for any reason here is the place to do that. Warning it may be tough to recover your data.